Sunday, March 13, 2011

Comics: Warlord of Mars #4 (Dynamite Comics)

Way back in January, I got a hold of Warlord of Mars issues 1 to 3 and wrote of them. Also, this morning, I read and gave my opinion of "Warlord of Mars: Dejah Thoris #1".

I've been busy with work and life as of late, and did not pick up my comics for over a month. I have been reading them all last week. The first one I read was "Warlord of Mars #4".

The issue continues Arvid Nelson's adaption of ERB's A Princess of Mars and brings the story from John Carter's first experience battling a white barsoomian ape to just past his first meeting with Dejah Thoris.

I don't have much to say. The art is great, it is illustrated by Lui Antonio. More can be read of him here. My issue features a cover by Lucio Parrillo, examples of his comics art can be seen here.

My only complaint, and it is a minor one, is I was enjoying the Tars Tarkas back-up feature in the first two issues, and I was hoping to see either more Tars Tarkas back-ups, or stories of other characters from the Barsoom series. Maybe a Sola feature.

There is a back-up feature of sorts and it is interesting. Pages from the journal of John Carter are offered and this issues feature is an examination of the child rearing practices of the Tharks.

No comments:

Post a Comment